An introduction for incoming freshman to the wide range of energy-related activities at MIT
Credit: Kelley Travers
The Discover Energy Freshman Pre-Orientation Program (formerly DELTA FPOP) acquaints entering freshmen with the wide range of energy-related activities at MIT, introduces them to important topics within the energy arena, and helps them to get to know each other and current MIT students active in energy.
In past years, freshman have…
- Learned about energy consumption at the New England Aquarium
- Visited the Boston Museum of Science
- Explored MIT on a campus-wide scavenger hunt with the MIT Office of Sustainability
- Toured the Mass Clean Energy Center’s Wind Technology Testing Center
- Toured the Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems
- Met the members of MIT Energy Club and Joules
- Built a motor with Professor Steve Leeb
- Played the World Energy Game
- Explored Faneuil Hall
To learn more about FPOP, contact MITEI Education.